2020 Covered Bridge Classic
Covered Bridge Classic at a glance
The Lancaster Covered Bridge Classic (formerly the Covered Bridge Metric Century) presented by the Lancaster Bicycle Club is a classic Pennsylvania ride now in its 42nd year. It offers beautiful routes of 100 miles, 65 miles, 33 miles, and 16 miles, covering some of the most scenic cycling terrain anywhere. Each route traverses through covered bridges and past Amish farms.
The routes all cover rolling terrain with only moderate climbing with the exception of 100 mile route. The 100 mile option is a challenging ride that includes a hilly 38 mile loop that starts and ends at the lunch rest stop in Stevens, PA. There are no official rest stops on the 38 mile loop, so please stock up at the lunch stop.
- Registration ends Friday August 13, 2020 or 2,300 riders.
- There are no day of registrations.
- On-site check-in required to be eligible for SAG and rest stops.
- Helmets are REQUIRED.
- Lunch is provided on the 100 mile and 62 mile route and lunch is provided to all riders at the start/finish.
- Each route is well marked.
- The ride is fully supported with frequent rest stops and mechanical support.
- SAG services for transport if you cannot continue.
- All rules of the road must be followed.
- On-site parking at HACC campus.
- Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult rider.
- No CBC branded T-shirts and Jerseys will be available for purchase. Pre-orders only.
- The CBC is part of the Bicycling Trifecta, a collaboration of Central Pennsylvania’s 3 Premier cycling events. Learn more about how to participate in the Bicycling Trifecta and receive a commemorative mug.
- Join us for a pre-ride dinner Saturday night to mingle with other cyclists! Details here.
Club member Steve Holland will have a team of photographers strategically stationed along the ride routes to capture photos of our riders and the beautiful Lancaster county scenery and covered bridges. These photos will be available for sale on his website, imaginations.zenfolio.com. Available items will include digital downloads and prints in popular sizes, all at very reasonable prices. And best of all, proceeds benefit the Conner M Holland Foundation (cmhollandfoundation.org), which provides financial support to families of children with pediatric cancer, and runs the Conner’s Comfies ™ program that distributes new pajamas to sick children at the Hershey Medical Center and Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP). Visit his tent to learn more about the Foundation!
- The 1/4 Classic
- 15 Miles
647 ft. Climb
1 Rest Stop
- The 1/2 Classic
- 35 Miles
1,362 ft. Climb
3 Rest Stops
- The Classic
- 62 Miles
2,438 ft. Climb
5 Rest Stops
- The Century
- 101 Miles
5,107 ft. Climb
7 Rest Stops